Chicora is Native American for “The Land.”
Chicora was built in 1952 by Harnett County citizens as a Country Club. In 2003 all of the Chicora Country Club’s facilities were sold to an outside Golf Group. However; in the summer of 2006, a group of prominent local Club Members, that also call Chicora home, joined together to form a new company known as the Chicora Golf Club. Because these owners live on or near the facilities they ensure the Chicora neighborhood and Golf Club will always live up to its Country Club status.
‘The Land’ offers a challenging 18 hole Golf Course, a Putting Green, Driving Range, Full Service Pro Shop, Golf Lessons by a PGA Certified Instructor, Golf Carts, Rental Clubs, Full Service Bar, Food, Member and Public tournaments, ABC Permits, Swimming Pool and Club House Facilities for reserve.
Chicora is open to the Public and offers Private Golf and Social Memberships.